Wednesday, December 7, 2011

All that glitters

Matthew 19:21-24
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
OK, so in my last post I mentioned this passage and how I wanted to talk about something. I meant to write this up days ago but I've been lazy lately. Anyway on to the point.

I hate the Catholic Church. I have many reasons for this and most of them are unimportant and petty and I know. But the one main reason I hate the Catholic Church above my general dislike for all Christian Churches is this. A Christian church is supposed to help the poor in the community and I'm sure most do. But the Catholic Church in particular is a massive world world organization that weekly asks its members to tithe their 10%, meanwhile the Vatican sits on millions, if not billions, of dollars worth of art and books and gold. If the Catholic Church was serious about wanting to help the poor in this world just think of all they can do with all that money?

The other point I wanted to make was this. Capitalism and Christianity don't really go together. At least they shouldn't if you actually believe what Yeshua taught. Of course Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with what he taught. So capitalist Christians are nothing but hypocrites.

OK, so this post didn't come out anywhere near how I wanted it to. But oh well. I don't really care that much. For those people who can think for themselves you can get what I'm trying to say I hope. And for those people that can't think for themselves, what are you doing at my blog anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment