Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sing me a Song

Sing me a song little birdie
One that is light, cheerful, and true
Sing me a song little birdie
One to help me get through the day

Sing me a song little birdie
To lighten my day and take the away the pain
Sing me a song little birdie
To let me know there is nothing to fear and that you've stopped the rain
NAO 8/6/2011
----

It's simply amazing to me how in the minute between composing this in my head and writing it down I forgot most of it. I'm pretty sure I had more ready to go for a third verse but now I don't know any of it. There was a little tune that went with this but I have no idea how to describe it. Plus the second verse kind of broke away from the tune in the writing down. It seemed better in my head anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment