Sunday, July 17, 2011

Heaven's Spear

Awaken from the Dreaming darkly
Heaven sent torments knocking at your door
Earthbound with gossamer wings
In a cold calculated world

Over the precipice
And drifting in the wind
A shooting star
Racing towards the end

Rejoice cruel world
The fireworks are in the sky
So dance the night away
And have no fear of the coming day
----------------
I haven't done a word flow in awhile and then suddenly the first few lines came to me and I knew I had to write it down before I forgot it. I can't say it's any good but it felt nice to write something new again. As usual there is no real meaning here that I'm aware of. I know what I was thinking for each line but they don't really mesh together well.

2 comments:

  1. given your normal aversion to normal rhyme schemes and rhythm etc... your usual poetry being pure free flowing words... this seemed to have a good cadence and I was surprised that the second stanza had some rhyming going on... meaning aside, this is more like what most people consider "poetry" than I'm used to seeing from you... did you hit your head? :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember any head injuries. Maybe it's just this damn heat boiled my brain. I hadn't even noticed the rhyming in the second stanza. The only rhyme I was aware of while writing was the last two lines, and that was unintentional as well. I hadn't noticed the cadence either, but I think that maybe with the except of the first two lines you could almost put this to music. Now I want to go back and look at all my other poetry and see if there is rhythm hidden in it that I was previously unaware of.

    P.S. I changed the way comments are left on my blog to fix the problem I had with leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete