Wednesday, November 3, 2010

While driving to work today I got an idea for a story. It's not a story I'm ever going to write. And really I guess it's more of a screen play idea. The basic plot is already written by the great wordsmith himself, William Shakespeare. The idea is this: lesbian Romeo & Juliet between an out of the closet goth girl and bi-curious popular cheerleader type. I've been out of high school for awhile so maybe the stereotypes need to change or something but I think you get the idea. Instead for warring families you have factions of tolerant vs intolerant peers and fighting between the cliques that all high schools seem to have. Of course you could make the same story between gay men instead of women. But personally I'd rather see it as women.

And truth be told I'm sure it has already been done somewhere. I mean people of been ripping off Shakespeare since he started writing. Of course I once watched a show talking about how there is a theory that Shakespeare didn't actually write his plays, but I can never remember the name of the guy whom this theory says did write them for him. I think it's part of the movie Shakespeare in Love, but I've never actually seen that movie so I have no idea. If not part of the movie the guy's name is mention. I remember he supposedly died but the theory holds that he faked his death and fled the country to escape paying is gambling debts or some such.

No comments:

Post a Comment