Monday, May 24, 2010

Zombies in love

I wish I had the writing skill, and the inclination, to write a zombie love story. I mean seriously when was the last time you saw a good romantic zombie story? But what the hell do I know about writing zombie stories?

I never read them and I tend to not watch zombie movies all that often as they tend to be rather predictable. Zombie video games tend to annoy me since they never seem to give you enough ammo unless you are awesome at making head shot on the run. I just don't have that kind of hand-eye coordination.

Anyway, so I think a good zombie romance story would open the whole zombie genre to many new paths it could go down, instead of the worn out story lines that are out there. And just to be clear on this, I mean the zombie characters falling in love with each other or something. Not just a love story between humans that also happens to contain zombies.

I mean seriously, most of the movies seem to indicate that the primary driving factor of hunger left over from their days of being alive is what drives them. Now one thing that has always bothered me about that is why do they only want to feed on living humans? Why not on each other or, I don't know, maybe normal food?

But I'd have to say that the primary driving factor for a large chunk of humanity is actually mating. So why don't you ever see zombies following that driving factor of human live?

Anyway that's all I have to say tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment