Friday, January 15, 2010

Tread Lightly

There are no glass slippers here
Lava rocks sear your feet
Molten magma pours as passion from my heart
Leaving me empty and confused

Tangled web we weave
In our dance under twilight moon
Night blossomed flower in your hair
And the clouds under your feet

Tread lightly through my mind
And be gentle with my heart
Too many tears have I shed
For something that was all in my head

Staring up at beauty in the sky
Moon full and graceful as it dances through the night
In my arms I clutch a picture frame
With nothing in it but air

NAO 1/15/2010
--------------

As usually I have no idea what I'm trying to say here. The opening doesn't really seem to fit the rest of the poem, but what do I know. I merely type the words as my muse whispers them to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment