Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nanwuht Giedd

Abandoned church yard, frost encrusted
Golden eye starchild lost

Shadow serpent, nightshade beast
Hellborne spirit of spite and rage

Citadels fallen in hunchback grief
Stone faced angels weeping over lost brethren

Soul taker, spirit thief, nightborne
Arcane marks scar your soul

Eldritch symbols of power tattooed onto your body
Twisted pain seared into your mind

To and fro the cosmic winds drift
And eternal fright do they bring

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have no idea what any of that really means or how it relates to one another, if at all. It's just what came to me and I felt like sharing. If it makes any sense to you please comment so that the rest of us might understand it better.

2 comments:

  1. Just want to say, I absolutely love the title. If my googling tells me right, it means something to effect of Nonexistent Words. The poem seems to evoke a fear of some nameless source. That's my best interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I came up with the title was I suddenly looked up old english for some reason and found the words "nothing" and "word" and slapped the old english translation together. I'm sure it's all wrong but who really cares.

    ReplyDelete