Monday, November 2, 2009

Tarot card project revisited

So today I had some time to talk with a friend and come up with a list of Major Arcana for my custom Tarot deck. The list, in no particular order, goes as follows: The Jester, The Hermit, The High Priest, The Emperor, The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon, The Phoenix, The Storm, The Trickster, The Hunter, The Raven, and The Gladiator.



Now that is 13 cards, but I am thinking I might remove The Hermit and the The High Priest and replace them The Druid and then I would need one more card to fill out the set. On my DeviantArt I submitted an image I pieced together quick out of some stock images I found for the card The Storm. It is a rather plain card at the moment with dry, cracked ground with just a bit of grass and storm clouds in the sky with a tornado and lightning bolt.



It was my first attempt at doing a photo-manipulation and as such it doesn't look that good, but I'm hoping in time I will figure it out better and be able to make it look nicer. I also need to bring some other little minor objects and themes to it so when using the card for fortune telling there is more imagery to go off from.



What I need now though is to figure out what I want the imagery on the card to really be saying. The lightning and tornado seem to be a destructive force, but the rain on the dry, cracked ground would be pointing to much needed nourishment, and the little bits of grass clinging to the ground would seem to indicate hanging on and surviving a tough situation. At least that's what I'm getting from it so far. I just decided to upload the pic as it is at the moment so you can see what I'm talking about.


Any suggestions as to what more I could add to the picture? And please comment and tell me what this image says to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment