Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I sit and wonder sometimes what it is that I am trying to actually say. What is it that I actually believe? I mean so often I make arguments about things I don't personally believe in just for the sake of furthering a debate on a topic, both here on my blog and other people's, and in discussion at work with my coworkers or at home with my friends and family.

I seem to drift through life without any set believes, always changing how I think about the world around me and my own place in it. I think it's good to not tie yourself down to one set of believes and never change them as you grow and understand the world around you differently. But at the same time I don't think it's good to constantly change what you believe either. There must be reason to change.

I know my outlook towards politics has changed greatly over just the last few years. And personally I'm pretty fed up with politics in this country. No politician seems to be able to do any of the things they promise in their campaigns and all seem to get corrupted to some level. There is no such thing as a corruption free government I don't think. But our government is far more corrupt now than it was 200 years ago I think.

It used to be that people went into politics because they wanted to make a difference, to make changes for the betterment of the country and its people. Now people seem to get into politics to get rich and famous and to wield power over their fellow people. The role of government should be to serve its people, not for the people to serve their government.

To that end I would like to remind everybody about the movie V for Vendetta and Guy Fawkes Day. I know we don't celebrate Guy Fawkes day here but I like to remember it all the same. I by no means am suggestion we blow anything up, or any acts of violence or civil disobedience, just know what's worth fighting for. I'll leave you today with a quote from the movie, "People should not fear the government. The government should be afraid of their people."

1 comment:

  1. Too bad the government seems to be getting less and less afraid of the people.

    ReplyDelete