Friday, September 4, 2009

You have the right to...

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/ -- UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

I saw something today where people were claiming health care is a right, not a privilege., and it got me thinking.
"Article 25.
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control. "

And according to the UN they were right I guess. But the thing I don't see there is anything saying the federal government has to pay for you just because you are too lazy or incompetent to get a job that has health insurance benefits. Called me cold hearted if you want, but I went to college, and will be in debt for many years to come because of that, so that I could get a job that had health care benefits, among many other reasons.

And now I get to see the government take 25% of my earnings every pay check. And you know where that money is going? In part it's going to pay for people that are capable of working but are to lazy and just want government hand outs because that's easier. Yes, there are plenty of very deserving people on government programs, and I have nothing against those that are trying hard but need a little assistance. My problem is the large group of lazy people that have figured out ways to cheat the system so that they can sit back all day doing nothing and get a portion of my hard earned money.

So you have the right to get off the couch and educate yourself so that you can go out there and get a good job and start paying into the system so that your hard earned money can go to some lazy bum too.

(I was going to write a post about what exactly rights are but I still haven't figured it out myself so I guess that will have to wait. Look for it in the future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment