Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tale of the Rooster and the Dragon

One day a farmer was out working in his field and saw a dragon fly overhead. "Oh no," the farmer said, "the dragon will burn all my fields and eat all my livestock and I will surely starve this winter." Just then the rooster came up to the farmer and said, "Worry not sir. If you would let me eat half of your fields I would grow big and strong and be able to fight off the dragon and you will still have half of your fields and your all your livestock so you won't starve this winter."

So the farmer let the rooster eat half of his fields and the rooster grew big and strong. And when the dragon fly over the farm the rooster fought with it and defeated the dragon like he said he would. "Hooray," the farmer cheered, "The dragon is defeated and he didn't burn my fields and eat all my livestock, so I won't starve this winter."

"Foolish farmer," the dragon said, "Had you simply asked me I would have told you I never would have burned your fields and ate your livestock. You never had to worry about starving because of me. But now you have this giant rooster to feed and surely its too big for you to feed now that half of your fields are already gone. Surely you will starve this winter now because you will not be able to take care of the rooster now."

The End

So what's the moral of this story?

No comments:

Post a Comment