Wednesday, August 12, 2009

AARGH!!

So I didn't post anything yesterday. Yesterday was a bad day. It didn't start out that way mind you. It only got bad once I got to work. And seen I didn't feel like writing another rant I left everything unsaid. Now I'm trying to focus on the good things from yesterday. I got to chat with a couple of friends I haven't chatted with for awhile. I got motivated to look for someplace new to live. I thought Washington sounded good, the state not the city. I never want to live on the east coast. Just a matter of personal preference, nothing against the people there. I like to be in an area where the wilderness is still wild and I just feel that I'm not going to find that as easily on the east coast.

In the relatively brief looking I did I found a couple of jobs I might be able to apply for, but they would mean taking a cut in pay. In fact leaving my current job to go anywhere will probably mean taking a pay cut. Say what I will about the stupid managers there and stuff, they pay me pretty well for what little amount of work I actually have to do.

The one thing that sucks about Washington, and about half of the rest of the country, is that its not a right to work state. Iowa is a right to work state, meaning I can't be forced to join a union just to be able to do certain jobs. Now I don't want to start a debate about unions and whether they are good or bad or outdated, but my own recent experience with unions tells me I want to stay out of them in the future if at all possible.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't say unions are terrible, but you are right about right to work. No one should be forced to pay union dues if they choose not to. Unions can do good things, but you shouldn't be forced to fund them.

    ReplyDelete